Preliminary Task - Brief

Continuity task involving filming and editing a character opening a door, crossing a room and sitting down in a chair opposite another character, with whom she/he then exchanges a couple of lines of dialogue. This task should demonstrate match on action, shot/reverse shot and the 180-degree rule.

Preliminary Task - Finished Sequence

Main Task - Brief

The titles and opening of a new fiction film, to last a maximum of two minutes (all video and audio material must be original, produced by candidates, with the exception of music or audio effects from a copyright-free source).

Main Task - Finished Sequence

Why Kris is amazing

Hi I'm Kris and to the right (beneath useful links, labels and blog archive) there is a picture of me :D >

I look that smart every day really, even at school where I am currently studying media.

I love film and taking pictures, and if you scroll down the page you will see some random examples of this I have managed to dig up..

Anyway, on here I will be posting all my AS media foundation portfolio work and basically it will be pretty amazing...


Tuesday, November 4, 2008

My Favourite Horror Movie Clips

These are some of my favourite clips of all time from horror films. These include the first alien sighting in 'Signs', the famous tv seen from 'The Ring', the dramatic ending to 'The Descent' and the unbelievable opening scene to 'Saw II' (don't watch if you don't want to spoil the films for yourselves!).










I have analysed 'The Ring' clip for shot types, the 'Saw II' clip for opening sequnces and mentioned 'The Descent' clip in my influences and character types. The 'Signs' clip is just another clip I find inluential and have mentioned the fact this first sighting comes very late in the film in my influences. Other than that, these are purely for your entertainment and so I can refer back to these at any time for ideas etc.

No comments: